INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on Our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use Our site, subscribe to Our service, upload videos and when you report a problem with Our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, video materials.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to Our site We will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from Our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and any phone number used to call Our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites We operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to Our advertisers and business partners. This is statistical data about Our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a "cookie file" which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. "Cookies" refers to information that is sent from Our website to your hard drive where it is saved and contains information to personalise your experience on Our website. In this way, the next time you use Our website, We will know who you are and that you have visited Our website before. They help Us to improve Our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They also enable Us:
- To estimate Our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow Us to customise Our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD BY OR DISCLOSED BY YOU TO A THIRD PARTY
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data We collect from you and that We transfer to a third party outside of the Republic of South Africa shall only be to a third party who is subject to a law which provides an adequate level of protection that:
- is in accordance with this policy;
All Videos and photos you upload to Our site or videos you create through Our video creation services (video creation services available on Our site and within the Realtor Mobile App) are stored on the Amazon S3 Cloud Storage service. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services We offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services We feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where We permit selected third parties to use your data, We (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes. You may opt-out of receiving marketing material at any time;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of Our group, which means Our subsidiaries, Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in Section 1 to 3 of the South African Companies Act No. 71 of 2008.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Property Video Network CC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting Us via the site.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You can correct factual errors, review and/or update information held about you at any time by contacting us at the site.
Any access request may be subject to certain specifications.
HOW TO CONTACT US